Growing up one of my favorite memories of summer was when my mom would make these easy frozen Summer Fruit Cups. They are so so refreshing on those hot summer days and they are a fun and healthy alternative to popsicles. These were hands down my favorite summer treat and now I love making them for my kids in the summer as well. I’m going to whip up a big old batch of these this weekend and just keep them frozen in our bar freezer for my kids and their friends to grab when they want a fun, refreshing treat after being in the pool. They are also a fun treat to think about making your kids with the labor day weekend pool and lake festivities that will be going on soon.
As always, if you make these send me pictures and/or give me a shout out on instagram. I love knowing when someone makes one of our recipes!!
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
- 2 cans (15 Oz. Can) Apricots
- 6 whole Bananas
- 1 can (12 Oz. Can) Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar (or Sugar Substitute Such As Splenda Can Be Used)
1. Drain apricots and reserve liquid. Cut apricots into quarters or smaller if you prefer.
2. Peel and cut bananas.
3. Pour the orange juice concentrate into a large bowl. Pour the apricot juice that you had reserved into the empty orange juice can and add water until it’s full.
4. Put the fruit and all the remaining ingredients (including the apricot juice and water) into the large bowl and mix.
5. Pour into clear plastic solo cups (punch cup size) and freeze!
6. Thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
Don’t be shy and go ahead and double this if you want and just fill your freezer with these easy frozen summer fruit cups and ENJOY!
You can shop our Kitchen Aid Mixer and Our Favorite Kitchen Products here: