It’s almost baseball season which means crockpot recipes are the only chance that my family has at a home cooked meal, so today I’m sharing one of our faves – EASY SLOW COOKER ITALIAN SAUSAGE TORTELLINI RECIPE. This recipe is literally a go-to year round for our family. It takes under 5 minutes to make
First of all let me say that if you don’t have this Cuisinart Multi Cooker, then you are seriously missing out. It is more than just a crockpot people. Can I get an amen for a crockpot that you can also brown meat in, saute in, and steam in? I mean, because what is the point of cooking in a crockpot if you have to dirty 3 pans to do it. That completely defeats the purpose my friends. As you will see, I browned my sausage IN the pan then just dumped everything in right after. It may seem silly but seriously, this crockpot is one of the finer things in life to me and anything that saves me time AND dirties one less pan, especially during baseball season, is my very best friend.
SCROLL AND TAP TO SHOP OUR FAVORITE KITCHEN COOKING PRODUCTS:
First things first, here is the cast of characters you’re going to make this Easy Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini Recipe:
- 1 package of Italian Sausage – I used Sweet Italian Sausage but you can use mild or spicy or whatever you fancy. You can also substitute hamburger meat if you prefer
- 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 2 – 14 /12 oz cans of Italian Diced Tomatoes (these come on the aisle with the stewed and diced tomatoes and you can find some that say Italian on them or they might say Rosemary and Oregano on them). DO NOT drain the tomatoes. Just dump them in with the liquid.
- 1 Block of Cream Cheese
- 1 Package of Cheese Tortellini – I use Bortini refrigerated brand and I use 20 ounces. You can also use the smaller package if you want your tortellini soupier. My family likes it kinda thick and not runny so I use the entire 20-ounce package.
- 1 box of Vegetable broth
- 1 small package of spinach
Here’s what you will need to do:
STEP ONE: Brown the Italian sausage (I do this IN my beloved crockpot but you can do this in a pan and cook the entire recipe stovetop or even use an Insta Pot if you want!)
I go ahead and salt and pepper my meat while it’s browning.
STEP TWO: Add your diced Italian diced tomatoes
STEP THREE: Add your vegetable broth
STEP FOUR: Add a block of cream cheese then pour 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning on top of that.
After this, you’re going to put the lid on and cook on low all day for 6 hours. I put this on in the morning before I take my kids to school then go to the office. When I get home at 3 pm, I do the next two steps.
STEP FIVE: Add the Tortellini and spinach ( I use one small bag of spinach) then cook for another hour or so on low.
Here’s the spinach on top!
Here it is after an hour. I stir it up then serve with parmesan and plenty of fresh, crusty bread!
And here is the final dish. Yummy! This Easy Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini Recipe is definitely a family favorite in the Miller household. You can guarantee we will be making it on repeat during baseball season. If you want more recipes or you want to keep up with CC and Mike, you can:
Thanks for stopping by y’all!