I’m going to give it to you straight — this recipe isn’t winning any culinary awards or anything like that but you know what, there is something to be said for quick and easy recipes that your kids will eat like this Hamburger Soup. My mom always made this soup when I was growing up and now I make it for my kids. It’s one of those super easy, you usually have everything you need for it on hands, whip it up in 10 minutes kind of recipes – that’s what I’m talking about! I made it for my kiddos this week and snapped a quick picture so I could share it with you guys. Hope your kiddos like it as much as mine do.
You can shop some of my favorite kitchen decor and products here.
1. Brown ground beef and drain.
2. Add boiling water, tomato sauce, onion soup, soy sauce and all the seasonings. Simmer 7 minutes.
3. Add celery and carrots and boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
4. Add macaroni and cook 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently so macaroni doesn't stick.
5. Pour into serving bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese or cheese slices and bread if desired.